This position is responsible for performing various nondestructive testing methods and interpreting and evaluating the results of the inspection with respect to applicable codes, standards, and specifications. The company is based in Magnolia, TX, but employees can be located anywhere within the continental US.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Familiarity with welding processes, welding parameters, welding consumables, and welding materials.
- Level II Inspectors are qualified to set up and calibrate equipment.
- Level II Inspectors will be performing calibrations, non-destructive tests, and evaluations for acceptance or rejection determinations per written instructions and record results.
- Level II Inspectors are thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations of the method of NDT being used.
- Basic reading and interpretation of blueprints and/or specifications
- Exercise assigned responsibility for on-the-job training and guidance of Assistants and Level I Inspectors.
- Perform a role of Quality Assurance or Quality control Inspector in a manufacturing environment.
- Responsible for observing and/or performing inspection with respect to applicable codes, standards, and specifications whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Exo.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Properly perform and the reporting of “hands on” Quality Assurance visual, NDT oversight testing and verifications at the source vendor, fabrication facilities or field locations as assigned
- Experience with a variety of office software (email tools, spreadsheets and databases) for report writing and communication.
- Complete facility and document audits per applicable standards and specifications
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- NDT Level 2 VT
- NDT Level 2 MT
- NDT Level 2 PT
- NDT Level 2 UT (Shear wave)
- AWS CWI with three years Fracture Critical Member (FCM) D1.1 experience preferred
Analytical-Independent-Job Knowledge–Communications-Visionary-Leadership–Business Acumen–Strategic Thinking–Adaptability-Achievement Focused
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Microsoft Office Suite
- NDT Level 2
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Able to perform the required/needed UT calculations.
Ability to speak appropriately with a wide variety of people, demonstrate a varied vocabulary and tailor your language to your audience, listen effectively, present your ideas appropriately, write clearly and concisely.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Travel is required for this role (up to 90% of the year).