Senior Account Manager
Responsible for discovering new sales opportunities, maintaining customer satisfaction, and bolstering long-term relationships with current client-base. The ideal candidate would be an experienced and highly motivated individual who will strive to meet and exceed assigned sales goals, as well as drive rapid and sustainable growth.
Expectations for the Senior Account Manager Position
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- This position will report to the Sales Director
- Develop Strong customer relationships (identifying new customers and developing existing ones) to drive sales growth.
- Conduct market research to identify selling opportunities and evaluate customer needs.
- Actively seek out new sales opportunities through cold-calling, networking, and marketing efforts.
- Prioritize prospects to identify best value opportunities.
- Schedule meetings with existing and potential clients to showcase services and understand customer needs.
- Develop the pipeline of new business opportunities to help forecast future growth and manpower needs.
- Prepare and deliver appropriate presentations on company services.
- Opportunity management – manage the quotation process/job costing and order process to win the business.
- Establish specific sales strategies designed to achieve the overall company objectives.
- Assist in the development of sales support materials including brochures, technical presentations, and exhibits.
- Work closely with the marketing department to develop marketing campaigns, social media content and competitive edge.
- Support overall strategy planning, development and execution.
- Provide insight and data on strategic growth opportunities via market research, customer survey feedback.
- Maintain and present sales analytics and financial data to supervisor regarding progress and roadblocks.
- Participate on behalf of the company at trade shows and exhibitions.
- Collaborate with other departments within the company to plan, execute and complete projects in a timely manner.
- Transition business opportunities and closed sales to the sales and operations planning manager for successful execution.
- Experience with a variety of office software (email tools, spreadsheets and databases) for report writing and communication.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
- Independent – Demonstrates self motivation to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Job Knowledge – Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
- Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Visionary Leadership – Displays passion and optimism; inspires respect and trust; mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization’s strengths & weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Achievement Focus – Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; recognizes and acts on opportunities; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Proven experience as sales executive or related role
- Thorough understanding of marketing and negotiating techniques
- Fast learner
- Self-motivated with a results-driven approach
- Aptitude in delivering presentations and public speaking
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Strong writing skills
- Familiarity with CRM programs or similar data base systems
- Bachelor’s degree preferred not required
- Industry experience is a plus
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Travel is required for this role (up to 50%).