Hardworking and trustworthy Systems Analyst to help manage and enhance our IT Systems. This individual will be responsible for maintaining IT Systems across the Exo business and working with other departments to identify areas for enhancement. The ideal candidate would be a highly-motivated individual to meet and exceed assigned goals, be a self-starter and can make effective decisions.
Expectations for the Systems Analyst Position
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- This position will report to the Systems Manager
- Sustainment of current systems
- Offer troubleshooting, support, and repair when IT equipment or networks malfunction
- Identify and propose enhancements to current state processes
- Provide technical support for Data Portal team
- Assist associates in the use of Office 365 applications
- Maintain and create ad-hoc reports as needed
- Collaborate with other departments within the company to plan, execute and complete projects in a timely manner
- None required
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
- Independent – Demonstrates self motivation to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Job Knowledge – Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
- Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Visionary Leadership – Displays passion and optimism; inspires respect and trust; mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization’s strengths & weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Achievement Focus – Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; recognizes and acts on opportunities; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in IT-related field or 3-5 years of experience in support of IT systems
- Thorough understanding of various systems and IT architecture
- Strong knowledge and experience with SQL and/or relational database systems
- Ability to program in at least one programming language such as C#, Ruby on Rails, etc.
- Quick learner
- Self-motivated with a results-driven approach
- Aptitude in delivering presentations and public speaking
- Strong written and communication skills
- PMP or project management experience is preferred but not required
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The applicant must be able to lift 50lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Minimal travel is required for this role (up to 10%).