View Transcript ▶︎
Clinton Char is Manager of Transmission Structural Engineering at Southern California Edison (SCE). Prior to his role at SCE, Mr. Char worked for nearly two decades as Senior Civil/Structural Engineer for Hawaiian Electric Co where he was responsible for designing overhead transmission lines. Mr. Char was a graduate of University of Hawaii and Purdue University (MS, Civil Engineering) and has built a reputation for excellence in the utilities industry for nearly three decades.
In this episode, Clinton Char, P.E. sits down with host Zachary Oliphant to discuss:
- Designing Tubular Steel Poles at Hawaiian Electric Co.
- The “Project of My Career” – a 5 year, 2 billion dollar renewable project
- Lessons learned from the Maui wildfires
- Integrity for utility leaders
- What personal integrity means to Mr. Char